Asbestos Abatement ContractorAsbestos, Inspection and Risk Assessment for commercial, industrial and institutions in Louisville, KY
Licensed Asbestos Abatement Contractor – Louisville, KY
Cardinal Demolition is a licensed asbestos abatement contractor located in Louisville, KY. We provide quality, dependable services for our industrial, commercial, and institutional clients throughout Kentuckiana. When you work with Cardinal, you can count on a responsive and carefully executed asbestos remediation solution.
Cardinal’s abatement crews are fully trained, licensed and insured for environmental liability and workers compensation. We emphasize safe work practices and attention to detail to ensure a safe job site while providing timely, high quality results. Our crew will minimize the disruptions to your project and get you back up and running quickly.
We specialize in creative project management and scheduling for abatement projects so they have minimal impact on the building occupants or construction project. We’re comfortable working on any size project (industrial or commercial or institutional) and coordinating with multiple vendors to keep your project running as smoothly – and safely!
Why is Asbestos Abatement Needed?
Asbestos was commonly used in many building materials such as insulation, walls, flooring, mastics and structural fireproofing. A prevalent material in many buildings before 1980, asbestos poses a minimal hazard when left undisturbed and in good condition. However, if a renovation or demolition project causes the material to be disturbed (i.e. microscopic fibers released into the air) abatement is required by state and federal law. These fibers are 18,000 times thinner than a human hair – inhaling asbestos fibers can cause serious health issues.
Common Building Materials That May Contain Asbestos
Some common building products containing asbestos that were produced until the late 1970’s include:
- Steam pipes
- Furnace ducts
- Insulated asbestos blankets
- Asbestos paper tape
- Floor tiles (vinyl, asphalt or rubber)
- Adhesives used for installing floor tile
If these materials have the potential to be disturbed during a demolition or renovation project, don’t take any chances – call Cardinal to clean it up.
Trained and Licensed Crew
Cardinal’s crew members are trained and licensed in all aspects of asbestos abatement::
- Work area preparation
- Establishing decontamination units
- Using personal protection equipment (respirator and protective clothing)
- Worker decontamination procedures
- Safety considerations and Job Hazard Analysis
- Proper handling and disposal of asbestos waste
- Documenting Foreman, disposal and air monitoring reports
- Competent person training for heights, confined spaces, trenches and other difficult to access areas
Outline of Site Preparation for Asbestos Abatement
Proper work area preparation is critical during any asbestos abatement job. Here are some examples of site preparation that our crew will perform at your site:
- Decontamination enclosure systems are installed
- Seal openings and remaining items with plastic sheeting and duct tape
- Establish negative air pressure machine with HEPA filter to keep asbestos from becoming airborne
- Post warning signs for job site safety (PPE required, Asbestos Removal in Progress)
- Proper disposal requires asbestos-containing waste be sealed in leakproof containers, then clearly labeled
- Waste is disposed of in approved landfills only by vehicles with specific requirements and labeling instructions